Thursday 29 November 2012

Auction Night

The auction night last night at the club was a huge success with Eddie Outen running the auction himself, and very funny he was at times!.
There were lots of bargains and I picked up a couple of steel drawer units, contents unknown, there again the contents were a bargain in themselves as I wanted the drawers for my workroom.
I was pleasantly surprised this morning on investigation to find the drawers full of all sorts of nuts, bolts and screws which will come in handy over the coming months, if not for me I'm sure son John will find a use for some.
Here are my bargains, £2 for one and £3 the other, (the nails at the bottom of the picture must cost you about £2 at B&Q mustn't they?,) and as you can see they just fit under the shelves.
The other good news was the treasurer announced that the auction had raised £464!! for club funds, that's great with a lot of items going for £1 or £2!.
So I'm sure you will join me in thanking Eddie for this generous gift to the club.
There were also a couple of new members signed up on the night, so a good Etherow welcome to them. 
................................................................
Did you hear of the club that was looking for a treasurer, someone said "why are you looking for a treasurer, what happened to the other one" that's the one we are looking for they said.
 Boom Boom!.
That's all folks.
..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...