Thursday 23 May 2013

The new Titanic

There is a chap in Australia who is having the new Titanic 11 built by a Chinese boat builders!.
these are the pictures and information on the new version.


Well I hope it fairs better than the last one did!.

Back on the home front there is another nice model yacht for sale, Eddie Higham the present owner tells me that it's fully operational and just needs a charge in the batteries and its on to the water for a sail.
 I have one of these and it was my first build and introduction into the club with a lot of encouragement and help from the late Charlie Ricardo who I'd met on the landing stage one afternoon and stopped for a chat, I was hooked!!, he was there to help with the terminology and part's I wasn't sure of though I'd done a bit of railway modelling
As I've always said to people thinking of starting out in the model boat hobby , you can't beat joining your local club. This was highlighted a couple of weeks ago when I visited a members house to photograph an item he had for sale and mentioned that he and his friend were having trouble with their build's, I gave him my opinion for what it was worth and said next club meeting bring it in, there will be more experienced builders than me that will sort you out. Last night I went to the club meeting and I'm happy to say that this chap's problems have all been sorted, thank's to the members who helped out and it just goes to show the system works!.

It was mentioned last night that the Marple Lock's Festival is this year on the 30th June 2013. and was we going to have a stand again as this event is very good. 
One of the committee members are going to try and contact someone as the website doesn't mention the organiser
More to follow.
Update
Just been informed that we have definitely got a stand at the festival!.
There will be setting up from 08-00am, and the show will open at 10-00am until 5-00m.
The set-up will be the same as the last show as seen below.
There will be more spoken about this at the next club meeting, until then get your thinking caps on to decide which boats you will be taking to this great one day show.
........................................................................................................
Pictures of our previous involvement, can you see your boat there, I can see my "Aziz" in the back on the right.




This was just at the setting up stage but a lot of interest when the show opened!.

Well  that's all for now folk's, check out the "For sale" section at the top.
.................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...