Sunday 22 June 2014

Slo mo 2 at Etherow.

This Saturday saw Bob Abell and myself at the lake to trial run Bob's boat "Slo mo 2" which you may have been following the build on the Model Boats magazine Forum.
The hull is the same hull as the Vintage Broads cruiser, "Ellie" with a new top scratchbuilt by Bob and incorporating a driver with moving arms to guide the boat.
Bob had been having trouble getting two brushless motors to work in his boat, the outcome we found out the previous day was that one of the ESC was faulty, usually the way isn't it, especially as this was Bob's first venture into the world of  "Brushless" so didn't need the added stress of a faulty component.
Still all's well that ends well and here is the finished boat in all it's glory and I've been happy to have been a part of this venture into the unknown for me as well as Bob.


Ships first Mate testing system

Excuse me for the second one of me but I did supply the champagne for the launching  

                      

Then whilst I did my Number One stint driving the boat, Bob took these stills with him camera, better than mine!. What a pleasure to sail this very fast boat, I'm only used to sailing the slow stuff.






There you go a very successful trial and Bob went home like a dog with two tails.

Watch this space for the next installment of my Saturday at the lake!.

...........................................
1900hrs 25th  June      Wednesday   Club night               Clubhouse/ Landing stage. 
                     BBQ and sailing night on BOTH lakes so bring your long keel boats as well.
Note earlier time of start!
   
1000hrs 6th July          Sunday         Fiesta Racing          Landing stage 
After the fiesta racing!
Warship event in aid of the Help 4 Hero's fund

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...