Sunday 3 January 2016

New Year 2016.

New Year 2016.

Well its a new year again, seen too many myself!, but still can't complain because no one will take any notice anyway!.
After seeing the floods all round the country how can we complain here in our area where we seem to have escaped the worse of it.
Coming down the hill from the Romiley direction you might have noticed there has been some subsidence there and its been coned off for the time being, hopefully to be done after the holidays.
On the sailing front there were the usual stalwarts at the lake today, braving the weather, more and more rain I'm afraid!.

By the time I ventured out of the Cafe and the warmth they were all packing up, Dave was still the last man standing seen here, but there had been Trevor, Donald, Andy and a few others there earlier as you can see they are all on a sausage break and left Dave to look after the boats.
I'm sorry to tell you guys that you are not in the running for first sail of the new year as George Taylor get's that dubious honour the day before, 2nd January!, another cold weather day, still it didn't seem too bad as it was my birthday and Son John came down with his wife and two dogs, so that brightened up my day!.
I was there with George having a buttie before he sailed his pond yacht, though it was just a trial run and the weather was still bad so he didn't linger long, and we retired back to the Cafe to put the world to rights!.

Over the holidays some of the guys have been working with Ryan and trimmed back the trees behind the top box, when I said trimmed back, I think that is a bit of an understatement really!, as you will see next time you visit the lake, no more sails catching the trees now!, and I got a few nice logs out of it for my lady friends garden, they will keep the bugs nicely housed over the rest of the winter!.

Well that's enough of my prattling on for now, see you at the lake next time !.

Next event 

2000 13th January   Club night  Wednesday  Clubhouse 
2000 27th  January    Club night Wednesday Clubhouse.

Hope you've saved a few bob after Christmas as it's club funds renewal at the end of the month!.
...........................................................................................

Did you hear of about the constipated Composer,
He got stuck on his last movement!.
or 
The constipated accountant that worked it out with a pencil!

I go with the flow I'm a bed wetter!.
Only joking!.
..........................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...